Residents and visitors experience a one-of-a-kind holiday lights celebration that features more than 40 large individual displays along with lighting on trees, pathways and pavilions in the park. Edmond hosts the only walk-through 3D holiday light display in Oklahoma, ensuring visitors will see something they’ve never seen before.
New to Luminance this year, the Edmond Electric Merry Marketplace debuts Nov. 20 from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Visitors can shop at 10 unique vendors while looking to get a start on their holiday shopping. Also new to Luminance, food trucks will be available select Fridays and Saturdays through the season. To view the Merry Marketplace vendors and a schedule of food trucks, visit edmondlights.com/events.
This year’s kickoff event features a full slate of activities for the family. The full schedule is:
- 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.: Merry Marketplace features 10 unique local vendors.
- 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.: Sample an array of delicious eats from local food trucks.
- 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.: Family fun including costume characters, free hot chocolate and candy canes. Beginning at 6 p.m., a community art project hosted by the Fine Arts Institute.
- 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.: Bring your camera and get free photos with Santa set in a holiday backdrop.
- 5:30 p.m. to 6 p.m.: The annual Mayor’s Essay Contest winners will be recognized. Also, the Fine Arts Institute youth choir will perform and the Park Lighting by the Edmond City Council.
When visiting Luminance, residents and visitors are encouraged to head across the parking lot to the annual Edmond Outdoor Ice Rink, presented by Edmond Electric. For more information about the ice rink, visit edmondicerink.com.
While enjoying Luminance, staff ask that displays not be touched or climbed on. Pictures are always encouraged. Use #edmondlights on social media and be sure to follow Luminance on Facebook and Instagram: @edmondlights.
It all begins Saturday, Nov. 20 at 4 p.m. Join us for this fun holiday tradition in Edmond!